Flex-A-Lite® continues more than 50 years of innovation in performance cooling products with the introduction of a new line of Extruded Tube Core Performance Radiators for turbo diesel trucks. These are direct-fit, bolt-in radiator and electric fan combinations for Ford Super Duty and Dodge / Ram Cummins trucks.
Other performance radiators just became outdated. Single row, 2 row, 3 row, 4 row...that's all old history now. The future of performance radiators with superior cooling and strength is Extruded Core Technology in Flex-A-Lite® aluminum radiators!
Here are 10 reasons the Flex-A-Lite® Extruded Tube Core Performance Radiators are the best choice:
1. New Flex-A-Lite® performance radiators use a unique Extruded Tube Core technology, replacing multi-core radiators with an advanced design
2. The Extruded Tube Core increases contact area between coolant and the extruded tubes for better heat rejection and cooling
3. The Extruded Tube Core provides a flat surface to braze the cooling fins to, maximizing the contact between the tubes and fins for increased heat rejection and better cooling
4. The cooling fins have been designed with louver patterns cut into them to direct airflow, improving heat rejection and cooling
5. Wind tunnel testing has shown that this Extruded Tube Core technology is significantly more efficient for cooling than standard tube radiators
6. The Flex-A-Lite® Extruded Tube Core Radiators are significantly stronger and have a 100-psi burst rating
7. Flex-A-Lite® Extruded Tube Core Radiators include a corner subhead, reinforcing the cooling tube to header connection; an area prone to cracking and leaking in other brands of aluminum radiators
8. Direct-fit applications bolt in without any drilling or cutting
9. Flex-A-Lite® Extruded Tube Core Radiators are available both with and without a Flex-A-Lite® electric fan installed at the factory
10. The Extruded Tube Core Radiators come with an exclusive Flex-A-Lite® 2-year transferable warranty. Click here for details.
The unique Flex-A-Lite® Extruded Tube Core is extremely strong, and the internal-passage volume increases the contact area between coolant and the aluminum tubes. The extruded tubes provide a flat, optimum surface to braze the cooling fins to. This maximizes the contact between the tubes and fins for increased heat rejection and better cooling. The cooling fins have been designed with specific louver patterns punched into them to direct airflow, increasing heat rejection and providing better cooling performance.