This Warranty is provided to the original purchaser and covers only products purchased by the original purchaser from an authorized Flex-A-Lite® distributor. Flex-A-Lite is a brand of Legend Brands, Inc., 15180 Josh Wilson Rd. Burlington WA 98233, 800-932-3030. Legend Brands warrants Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core Performance Radiators to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of original purchase. This is a transferable warranty. If the radiator is resold during this two (2) year period, the remainder of the warranty can be transferred to the new owner. Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core Performance Radiator warranty claims must be filed with the original dated purchase receipt and with the original authorized distributor where the product was purchased.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Labor or materials not furnished by the manufacturer or shipping charges
- Radiators repaired or altered
- Misuse and/or misapplication of the product
- Effects/erosion from physical or chemical properties of non-distilled water/steam or any other liquids or chemicals used inside the radiator or cooling system of vehicle
- Radiators used without an adequate proportion of premium quality antifreeze/coolant and distilled water
(NOTE: Aluminum radiators require a correct proportion of premium quality coolant with aluminum corrosion inhibitors in their formula)
- Claims of internal damage or damage to the engine assembly, its components, or to the vehicle due to overheating (NOTE: All vehicles should be equipped with warning lights and/or gauges to warn of overheating and user discretion must be observed)
- Damage from foreign objects such as, but not limited to tree branches, tools, road debris, etc.
Legend Brands EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS any liability for tube damage, “ballooning” or bursting from excessive engine operating temperature or pressure, internal corrosion due to inadequate proportions of antifreeze/coolant, or damage to radiator resulting from collision, such as crushing or other damage due to any accident. Legend Brands also EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS any liability for damages due to a radiator or the vehicle to which it was attached or injury to persons or others using and/or operating the vehicle to which the radiator was attached due to the improper opening of the radiator pressure cap and/or bursting of hoses and other connections. It is the responsibility of the Flex-A-Lite product user to monitor engine operation and have proper detection devices installed to warn the user of overheating.
A dated purchase receipt or invoice must be presented with all claims.
IF PRODUCTS, SUCH AS TRANSMISSION COOLERS OR ELECTRIC FANS, ARE ATTACHED WITH THROUGH CORE PLASTIC BOLTS OR SIMILAR FASTENERS THAT RUN THROUGH THE RADIATOR CORE, AND CORE TUBES ARE DAMAGE FROM IMPROPER INSTALLATION, THE WARRANTY IS VOIDED.
All products to be returned for warranty consideration must be returned to the original point of purchase with a valid, dated, purchase receipt. Some states may not allow a limitation on the duration of any implied warranty. The above warranty may not apply to you. This warranty grants you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
The remedy for breach of this warranty, exclusive of all other warranties provided by law, is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of any radiator within two (2) years of date of original retail purchase. All radiators returned for warranty consideration must be returned with transportation charges prepaid. Purchaser’s remedy is limited to the repair or replacement of the radiator and shall not include any consequential damages or other damages, such as the cost of removal and reinstallation of the radiator.
SHIPPING DAMAGE CLAIMS Radiators or products received, which were damaged in shipping, should be refused, immediately reported to the shipping carrier as damaged, and claims of damage filed accordingly. Contact the transport carrier (Fed Ex, UPS, trucking line, etc.) for procedures in filing a damage claim with the carrier or their agent. Do not return the item(s) to Legend Brands.
THINGS THAT WILL VOID THE FLEX-A-LITE RADIATOR WARRANTY:
1. Electrolysis - Stray electrical current flowing into or out of any parts of the cooling system
2. Stripped Threads – Stripped threads on drain cocks or any other threaded connection.
3. Physical Damage from collision or accidents - Damaged Connections - Fin damage due to improper removal from shipping carton or other mishandling
4. Physical or Chemical Properties - Failure due to non-distilled water/steam, or other liquids and/or chemicals used in the radiator or cooling system of vehicle
5. Improper Installation or Maintenance - Obvious abuse, improper installation or maintenance
6. Over-pressurization - Ballooned tubes or other damage from faulty radiator cap (do not exceed 18lb cap) or engine exhaust leak (such as from a faulty head gasket)
7. Improper Mix of Coolant and Water - Damage from other than 50/50 mix of premium coolant and distilled water, or not using distilled water. Note: For racing radiators, other than 100% distilled water
You can register your Extruded Core Radiator warranty by clicking here.
Updated December 5, 2019